Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Cleaning up the bod. Again.


I went to Omar's Raw Living Cuisine for lunch and had the sweet basil salad/raw bean burrito combo and a raw mango, coconut, and chocolate pie slice. The food there is exceptional and will clean you out!

I walked 20 minutes on the treadmill and now I am resting. I did yoga four days in a row from Sunday-Wednesday. It felt awesome and my thighs are still slim and taught. I guess I should take another "before" picture. For Halloween I am going to a special 2-hour yoga class. Stoked for that!

I'm snuggled on my Love Sac now feeling sick from the poison I ingested last night. I finished the Passages book. http://www.passagesmalibu.com/ Pax is a good-looking kid and his story is heart-breaking yet amazing. What I got from the book was to, now don't laugh, but think happy thoughts. It goes deeper than you think. I had a pattern of negative and distorted thinking that I really didn't pay attention much to in the past. It's not just thinking happy but changing my views on situations. Normally if someone cuts me off in traffic and I want to murmur, "You big idiot", now I just use precaution, then let it go. Or if I want to get upset of someone else successful in the media or think I'm fat or not talented, I stop now and say okay, what's realistic, and then change my thoughts. After all, I am what I think. The "stinkin' thinkin'" could be my reason for the binge drinking. The book is also really big on acupressure, and it has helped me before. They also recommend a psychologist and a medical doc. I've had therapists before and I hope this isn't cheating, but I have decided to do a workbook everyday instead of getting a new therapist. The main reason is to save money. I had one shrink who had me write stuff down constantly. It really worked. I had a "Mood Worksheet" where I had to stop myself after having a distorted thought (distorted usually means a low self-esteem thought), then turn that around. Some of my negative thoughts are actually pretty silly, as I'm sure that is true for most of us. Why do we put ourselves down so much?

Okay now I feel 300% better and I'm ready to bite this thing in the ass.

Love,

Smobergirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment