Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

OMG orgasmic squash soup!

Holy good lord Tyler Florence is a God.

I had a butternut squash from the farmer's mkt sitting in the fridge for two weeks, so I thought I'd better use it while it still looked good. Also in my nutrition class I learned that the minute a veg or fruit grows it starts to lose nutrients.

I like to search www.foodtv.com when I need a recipe, because the Food Network is my new crack. So I find this:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/roasted-butternut-squash-soup-with-amaretti-cookies-recipe/index.html

Now, to make it healthy, I didn't fry the sage leaves, and I didn't have the cookies. When I pureed everything in my Vita-Mix (my hand-held blender made it splatter) it was like a cream soup, with no cream! The squash is plenty thick enough. I also had to throw in a few garlic cloves and a dash of UFO dust (habanero powder) because I like it hot. It is one of the better soups I've ever had. I could have this at a nice restaurant. It is super easy to make too, and it's healthy! I am now warm and comfortable enough to go outside and see if the Tuesday market is still going on. Oh and that soup makes a ton! I have enough left over for 2-3 more bowls, and I only made 1/2 the recipe.

It's supposed to storm tonight, so bundle up! I love storms.


~Smobergirl

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe! I think I'll substitute it with veggie stock since I'm a vegetarian. My mom made a similar soup with blended green apple in it and it was delicious in the Fall. I also LOVE searching the food channel's website. Keep up the good work! :]

    ReplyDelete