Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Day 10.




I have energy, I woke up at 8 am, and I'm fricking freezing. Rode my bicycle to the farmer's market where I met a friend and got a bar of coffee soap from The Soap Lady for my mom for Christmas. Besides dark chocolate, she's a big coffee freak. I am feeling more at peace everyday, and it didn't matter that it was 44 degrees. I'm back to cutting down on the dairy. I had an iced coffee this morning, but I'm going to keep hydrated for the rest of the day. At the market I had a bowl of vegan chili verde, which was spicy and warming. For a snack I am having celery sticks and flax seed crackers dipped in two kinds of hummus from the market: Butt Nutt (butternut squash) and XXX (chipotle). They will be at the last downtown farmer's market next Saturday, and their email is happymonkeyhummus@gmail.com. They have about 6 different kinds now and I think they are amazing. I'm also having a glass of Kombucha, a fermented tea tat you can get at health food stores.

What I also believe is calming me down is an iTunes quit smoking application from Max Kirsten. His web site is www.maxkirsten.com. He's this British hypnosis bloke who helped Ewan McGregor stop chain-smoking. Ewan hasn't had a puff in three years. Max also has supplements for weight loss and help sleeping. The app is $8, and I find it extremely helpful. $8 is actually the price of one pack of Nat Sherman's, so I really don't mind that price.

So, I might go to PC today and visit a yoga shop I like, or just stay here in the valley. I'll get in yoga and/or Gilad today, and probably hang with my hs reunion committee peeps this evening. Some of us went to Odessey Dance's Thriller last night. I have never been before and I thought it was absolutely amazing.

Make it an awesome Saturday and I'll be back!

~Smobergirl


1 comment:

  1. Nice technique with the hockey mask on - is that a yoga position?! Btw, if you still feel like you have toxins oozing out, you might try getting a massage. They tend to break up the stuff that's hiding in your muscles so it releases a little quicker. Drink a lot o' water afterward if you do get one, elsewise the next day you'll probably feel like you were hit by a truck. I hope that keeping an eye on your protein is helping. Keep pulling in that positive energy. Booyakasha.

    ReplyDelete