Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 4, 2009

More stuff coming up....and ick, it's not just emotions.

I did a tough power yoga workout for an hour today. Then I sat quietly as the teacher of the yoga show I record ("Inhale" on Oxygen) says "Take a deep breath in, hold it, and release." You guessed it, I smelled cigarette smoke. After four days, it's still in my body. I wasn't surprised however, for back in 2002 during a six-month quit, after the first month taking a hot bath, I walked out of the bathroom, came back in, and smelled tobacco smoke. This is why we all should quit. Ew!

So I have vowed to either do Gilad and/ or yoga, or the treadmill, some physical activity every day. And I'm drinking more water. I just now made a pitcher of Spa water with tangelo slices.


I also love my nutrition reading, some of it can be tough, like I have trouble understanding what ATP means, then I'm fascinated by other factoids, like the average human will last 62 days consuming nothing but water. And there is white (storage) and brown (regulating heat) fat in the body. It's a challenging class, but I am learning so much. And that keeps me out of trouble. ;)

For dinner I had an heirloom tomato salad with sunflower seeds, roasted red peppers, and corn kernels; a vegan butternut squash soup ( I LOVE Fall squashes, and I love soup) with black beans and more corn; and a vegan tiramisu. All from Sage's. I took it to go and ate it a home watching Dexter, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Entourage. Then I studied obesity, starvation, metabolism, and tried to wrap my head around this ATP chain link thingy. Well I need to get it by Thursday, that's when the next test is.

Sweet dreams everyone! And I want to give kudos to my 'evil' step-sis, who made my day last night by telling me she reads my blog, and she's supporting me all the way. She seems to be the only family member who is being empathetic at this time. I told the others a long time ago about my struggles, and they either say I don't have a problem or tell me to make a reason to get up at 7 in the morning, which is actually good advice, but this girl really pulled at my heartstrings and made me feel truly supported. Love ya!

~Smobergirl
Day four done and done.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the new endeavor at UtahFreeMedia and, more importantly, with shaking the ciggies. And good luck with the guitar, yoga, and nutrition class. Living is in the doing!

    ReplyDelete