Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Lunch and feeling better.





I am typing wearing latex gloves, are you turned on?

I'm soaking gourds in bleach so it will be easy to brush the grime off of them. You see, my mom is a gourd artist. She's been at it for about eight years and she's good enough to make a living off of it. The 'naked' ones are the gourds I just dried. Mom made the turtle gourd for me a few years ago, and she just sent the Halloween ones. See, I can stay at home today and be constructive. I feel so so much better. I worked on that owl painting which I started in January and neglected in March after a breakup. It's silly but I don't think I'm alone. I think I'm a pretty good artist, but I've been so down I haven't been motivated to work on anything. I like to burn Jack O' Lantern faces in the baby gourds and make necklaces. They were a hit about 5 years ago, then I stopped making them. SO for my spicy party I'll give them out again. Yay.

Lunch was the other spaghetti squash half with NORMAL pesto I made (I'm never making arugula pesto again), and a couscous/grain mix from TRADER JOE'S that my mom sent with the gourds. Delicious! There is a petition on Facebook to get a Trader Joe's in Salt Lake City. Who knows...

So spirits are back up and I'm going to a Johhny Depp party tonight. We'll watch Edward Scissorhands and Sleepy Hollow, and there may be other crazy goings on. I'm brining my Golden Star tea drink for me. http://www.goldenstartea.com/

~Smobergirl
Day 15

No comments:

Post a Comment