Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 31, 2009

To add to my previous post...



.....I am way too hard on myself! I'm a crazy person. I had a cushy upbringing, but I did have the perfectionist parents. And the low grades did a number on my self-esteem growing up! Competing with my A+ brother was hard too. But that was solved just a few years ago when he said he was jealous of me because I was the creative one. I was in plays and I became a professional radio DJ. Boy this salad is delicious! I'm having leftovers. I didn't eat too much at the cafe. Look at my ass! It's awesome. Recently I was in a group at a party and one girl said, "I just want to get rid of my butt!" and her hiny is smaller than mine. What guy doesn't like a booty? Okay so I'm loopy today. Must be these incredible grilled onions and yukon gold potatoes. That's hummus in the middle. That's one thing about me I've always liked, my legs and butt. Most women have issues with that. Most women have body issues in general! I certainly do. I'm not perfect. Sometimes I see that sag under my chin or get frustrated with "muffin top syndrome". But overall, and even more now, I'm trying to love and be gentle with myself. Holistic therapists Vinca von Muhlenberg and Alex Jaimeson (Morgan Spurlock's [the Supersize Me movie guy] wife) have immensely helped me with that, so have Deepak Chopra's books.

I've been craving Lauretana sparkling water lately. It's $3.95 at my beloved Italian market but I found it for $1.45 at World Market. And also a joy this time of year is pomegranates! They are so easy to clean if you cut them in quarters then take them apart in a bowl of water. The membrane floats to the top and the jeweled seeds sink. Easy peasy. I've been eating them like candy. Also let's not forget about the high-antioxidant content. I need lots of those to replenish the nutrients zapped by the alcohol and cigs.

I'll try to take pictures at the Glowga class tonight. So excited!

~Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment