Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

This is so worth it. I don't have to tell you. It's tough and easy at the same time. I wanted to bring home a bottle of wine home to watch my recordings of Dancing With The Stars so badly last night, and I just cursed myself that I was still addicted, so I called a friend right away. That's all I had to do. "make choices, not excuses" I had heard somewhere. Then the craves went away and I took a hot bath and then studied and played on my laptop in bed. I'm back on the Facebook, or Crackbook as they call it. Make it a great Wednesday and be good to yourself! Call someone if you're feeling down. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Excellent to hear. Have you noticed any difference in "mental fortitude" on high-protein days? This is something that I noticed when I gave up meat a few years back. On low-protein days, I was much more susceptible to mood swings and such. Since then, protein has become a daily must, even if it means just downing a soy protein drink or protein bar. Regardless, congrats on the weekiversary and on being able to find your tools when the pressure is on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh. That is a great point! Because didn't go psychobeast on people until I went vegetarian in 2005. I have wondered about that and if you have a testimony I will definitely up the ante on protein. I make smoothies all of the time and soy protein sounds awesome. I also eat fish now, so I hope that would help. Thanks Michael!

    ReplyDelete