Total Pageviews

Friday, November 13, 2009

Day one.



I chose to delete that last drunken post. Actually that was my first drunken post! Some of my heroes have the mantra "Let it go". That's a pretty good one. I can be quite the drama queen and it's not my past employer's faults that I didn't become a full-time DJ superstar. Even as a part-timer I did pretty well for myself! There was just no money in it. Actually, it is very true what they say about radio, especially nowadays. You just either do it for the fame and glory and/or for the love of it.

I have some quinoa cooking, and an iced coffee here. Hey I made some fabulous roasted pumpkin seeds yesterday. Quinoa's done and I just put in some sauteed mushrooms, shitakes and chantarelles. Pumpkin seeds were not enough to stave away the craves unfortunately, but they turned out great!

Scoop out seeds from a pumpkin and clean off the goo in a bowl of water. Pat dry seeds on paper towels. Place them on a metal or glass baking sheet (use parchment paper if you want on a metal sheet to prevent burning). Drizzle with olive oil and go to town with whatever spice you like! You can even use soy sauce. I used sea salt, curry powder, and that dang UFO Dust.

Set oven to 350 and bake for 15 minutes. stir around seeds and keep baking for 5 minutes at a time until crispy to your liking. I baked mine for about 30. Eat a handful and don't keep the mug of seeds by you like I'm doing or else you will empty it in no time. Okay my Moby mug is back in the kitchen. www.teany.com.

I don't know what got into me, and the craves started at 3 pm! This is a story of karma gone bad. I get my vices at 4 pm, can you believe it. Well, some people drink in the morning too. By 6 I get a voicemail from my dad. Apparently he called right at four and I didn't hear the phone. Our French friends are still in town until Sunday, and I was invited to a lasagna dinner. Bugger! Why didn't I catch that call??? Fudge fudge fudge fudge. That would have saved me. Well, the truth is I won't get phone calls every day, and I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING. Isn't there a supplement you can take that when you drink it makes you throw up? I have to google that. Also, I'm going to make that list of 20 other options a day, maybe ten. Ten at least. Because recently I've only made 1-3 options, like a movie (oh I don't know if it's any good), food (I'm not hungry), and a show (oh it's not until 10 pm). Bugger. Okay today I might get weepy, but I did learn a valuable lesson: Wait it out and you might be invited to a lasagna dinner, or something like that.

Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment