Total Pageviews

Monday, November 30, 2009

Try something new...

...get rid of what doesn't work, (ahem), and do lots of yoga. Aside from the obvious, I had a 1/2 grilled cheese and 7 fries and felt sick to my stomach 10 minutes later. I did get my Vegan Living for Dummies book in. I should know better. These were from a local cafe where I was watching a poetry slam (something new). I just got out of an amazing yoga class (It's medicine for the mind, body, and soul. Why don't I 'prescribe' myself this every day? ), and I thought I was hungry when I actually just needed water and an after workout snack, like an orange or nuts. But no, I was craving salt. My bad. It was frozen fries and processed swiss that you can stretch a foot without breaking it. Bad news bear. Anywho, I had these young poets on my show today and they were incredible! I had no appreciation for spoken word until I saw these guys. Then I saw the show tonight at the evil grilled cheese place, and it was the most fun I've had in a long time. They are called poetry slams. Look 'em up and find one. This guy was on my show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjUldzppc74

Well, I'm exhausted. A side effect of quitting cigs and booze is insomnia, and lucky for me I had a good workout and screamed my head off at the slam.

Bon nuit,

Smobergirl
~Un

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you're continuing to look inward for strength. And getting out of one's comfort zone is always a good way to invite growth, despite it being a bit scary and, um, uncomfortable. Blessed are those who see they are blessed. What a beautiful moonset!

    ReplyDelete