Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Near death experience.

Holy crap. What's going on now? So, I don't remember if I told you that I give blood every 56 days at ARUP. I have been doing this on and off since 1996, and steady for three years. And I have not had one single problem, until today! Immediately after I donated my pint I got dizzy. So I grabbed a bottled water and sat down. Then I got even dizzier. I broke out into a sweat and the room started spinning. Then that stopped, but I was still a little fuzzy. The phlebotomist suddenly appeared and had me lay down again in the donating chair. She put ice packs on me, then said all the color came out of my face. Five minutes later I started to feel the coldness of the packs, and I was back to 'normal' another five minutes later. I still feel a little dizzy, but I am on my butt at home now and I'm going to attempt a bath. I hope the heat isn't bad for me. I am trying to figure this out. I ate before. Could be the new supplements? The quit and the rush of oxygen to my poor brain? The altitude of Park City? Is there e-coli in the spinach? Argh!

Nice knowing you,

Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment