Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 12, 2009

A new addiction.


I made more jewel yam oven fries today and I just eat too many! But along with another baby red leaf salad and a long skinny carrot, that's all I had for lunch. I had more fries than on that plate there. You bake slices mixed with olive oil and sea salt (I also like to add UFO dust and chopped rosemary) in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes. So how bad can they be? But oof they sure are filling! On the top is the tofu scramble and red potato dish I had for breakfast from Carlucci's. Since my Hot Luck party I am now hooked on frozen cooked shrimp. So I have a bag of those thawing in the fridge for a snack or early dinner. 12 have 90 calories, and they are packed with iron, zinc, vitamin B12, protein, phosphorous and niacin. They are low in fat and the oils in shrimp are good for your heart. There is a cholesterol debate, however, for shrimp both raises LDL (bad) and HDL (good) cholesterol. I believe this food in moderation is good for your body overall. Well I'm off to practice guitar and work on my last nutrition assignment. Enjoy the storm coming in!

~Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment