Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Just play nice.

I have soooooo learned that my life is a million times better if I am pleasant. Even if I fake it. Have you heard the phrase "What you resist persists"? That is an 100% totally true statement. If you let things go life is just easier. This ties into drinking and smoking because I lose my judgment from the wine and get anxiety from the cig chemicals. So I have no problems being right and getting all pissy. But that is not the real me. Without the toxins in my body I am happier, pleasant, and a much better person. I ran into my downstairs neighbor in the elevator today and she's still not speaking to me after I had some noisy boys on my balcony at a Christmas party four years ago, and she was scared to death when she found out I was getting a jetted tub. I don't know her all that well but I get from her that she is gentle, kind of unhappy in general, and sensitive. I'm not the only one she's mad at. When I was new in the building she'd always have someone to complain about in our old elevator adventures. I have apologized, but explained my side which just made her angrier. So if I only just apologized then maybe she'd smile and talk to me during our current elevator rides. What you put out there definitely comes back to you.

Hey, I just heard a commercial jingle, "Every day's a new day". It is! Life is also what you make it.

Namaste,

Smobergirl

P.S. Go Donny Osmond!

2 comments:

  1. It's true that the bigger fuss you make of something, the more importance it gains in your life. I used to be amazed in the spring when I noticed acres and acres of grass along the highway or way up along a hiking trail that were completely "unmaintained" by man yet they didn't contain a single dandelion - while my regularly maintained lawn had hundreds. I've since learned that left to its own, grass has an innate "weed control" ability. Maybe pleasantness or outward happiness can be seen in the same way - and it has its own innate "sadness control" ability. Regardless, being sad or unhappy seems to consume a lot more energy than being happy does. And I hate to sound like a 50's housewife, but I definitely agree you can get more bees with honey than you can with vinegar (or at least the bees you get are a lot happier....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael, you are definitely a saint! What fine imagery you just put into my head. You know, if those dandelions aren't sprayed, the greens have about 23 vitamins and minerals in them. Saute those suckers with some exotic mushrooms. ;)

    ReplyDelete