Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Getting back to health.


It's not your typical day 3. I feel pretty good for the most part. I walked 15 minutes on the treadmill and 45 doing pilates, yoga, and ballet exercises with weights and a resistance band. I highly recommend getting a resistance band. It's an inexpensive, go-anywhere, effective piece of equipment. Of course I had to dust mine off (ahem), but I'm sure to use it regularly now. For breakfast I had an iced coffee (that led to some irritation, but I didn't feel terrible); then a smoothie of Amazing Meal Chocolate Infusion, 5 almonds, a satsuma orange, 1/4 cup grapefruit juice, and frozen strawberries. I read somewhere online to make coconut water ice cubes and put them in your water, with a squeeze of lemon. I have boxed coconut water, O.N.E., in the health food store's beverage section. I've tried cracking coconuts open, but this is so much easier. You just, um, pop open a plastic top. Some argue that the most nutrient potential is in the real fruit, but I don't see anything bad in the boxed stuff. I made ice cubes out of the coconut water last night, and they are so good in water! Try it. Maybe try them in fruit juices. (I heard the person who thought 'vodka'! Watch it :) For lunch I had quinoa hot poured over raw chopped garlic, chopped basil, EVOO, red pepper flakes, and 5 kalamata olives. YUMM-Y! I took my Passages supplements (www.passagesmalibu.com) and a St. John's Wort.

Stuff to do today:

Guitar
Finish last nutrition assignment
Finish or be close to finishing owl painting

So I am going to attempt to make Bobby Flay's chipotle pesto. I happen to have dried chipotles and dried hot chiles in my pantry, basil and pine nuts. I say attempt because after soaking his peppers in water for 30 minutes, his came out really soft. It's been an hour and they mine are still hard. LOL we'll see.

Namaste,

Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment